Systems Monitoring Engineer
- 12 months contract
- Work location: WFH until further notice or CBD
- Work Hours: This position requires the candidate to work 12 hours shift work during the dayshift (with a 2-week rotation). And when scheduled, would be required to work weekends and public holidays.
- Leading global digital payment company headquartered in US
- Participate/ facilitate in critical and major technical bridges or activities, leading and driving calls to resolution to meet group MTTR objectives.
- Correlate critical alerts on monitoring platform with actual system outages.
- Accurately and promptly assess/solicit the impact of a critical/major system/application outage.
- Exercise sound judgment in determining priorities and enlisting support of others to prevent compromises to company's business or client service level agreements.
- Monitors troubleshoot and attempt resolution on anomalies detected on various server operating systems and infrastructure.
- Analyse monitoring results of business-critical infrastructure and services and provide recommendations to improve detection and resolution.
- Follow documented operations processes and resolution/escalation procedures.
- Resolve standard incidents promptly without escalation.
- Track and update all incidents in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough,accurate and meets ticket quality standards.
- Follow up on tickets assigned to the team to meet group objectives.
- Review and approve new alert handling procedures and ensure they are written clearly and can be carried out by all analysts.
- Propose and participate in the implementation of process/procedure improvements to better the department and services provided.
- Work on multiple platforms including ticket queue, mailbox, alert console and phone calls.
- Offer effective/sound recommendations to address repetitive issues.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience or a bachelor's degree
- Possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Certificate.
- Has an excellent understanding of Open Systems environment (Unix, Windows & Linux).
- Has experience with monitoring tools or other ticket management tools.
- Hands on experience or knowledge of analytics tool (Splunk, Grafana) would be an advantage.
- Has 3 or more years operational experience, working in a level one or operational support environment.
- Has excellent interpersonal, customer service skills and English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to effectively communicate at a staff level and senior management level.
- Able to work on own initiative and independently.
- Must be meticulous, highly motivated and portray a sound business ethic.
- Must be able to work effectively and productively in a team and be collaborative with all other teams.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize work.
- Must have an analytical mind - be able to analyse situations and offer solution to common problems.
Interested parties please click "Apply Now" or contact May Anne Ramos (EA Reg no: R1110127) at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.