Team Lead (Techinical)
- 12 months contract
- Great working environment
A familiar brand in Singapore's public-sector industry.
Our client is seeking 1 suitable candidate for a period of 12 months for an Agile Project.
Roles and responsibilities:
Part of the project team to take on the exciting and challenging role of delivering and maintaining a large-scale project using AGILE software development methodology. Your role as a technical lead would be to provide technical leadership to an agile team, guiding the team on technical architecture design, and nurturing the team in technical practices. You are expected to be hands-on and lead by example.
- Lead a team of developers to deliver high quality software using Agile methodology
- Champion software design and architecture best practices and provide guidance to developers in technical design and strategy.
- Champion Agile technical practices such as test-driven development, pair programming and refactoring.
- Lead by example and involve in hands-on application development and deployment.
- Represent the development team in various project governance meetings
- Work closely and collaborate with other members of the team, including Business Analysts and Quality Engineers for user stories elaboration, test automation, bug fixes etc.
- Work closely with Product Owner and Business Analysts to provide inputs on best way to prioritise business stories and technical tasks to achieve optimal development for the team.
- Work closely with DevOps team on planning out, setting up and improving on continuous integration, build and release automation.
- Providing estimates for stories during sprint planning with Business Analysts and Quality Engineers.
- Work with Scrum Master / Project Manager to plan out funding required to procure software / equipment required for the project.
- Work with other tech leads to plan and prioritize technical tasks and spikes ahead beyond the current development work
- Determine and lead the technical resolution (if any) of any Blockers raised during Retrospective
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary Education (Degree or Diploma) in relevant field is preferred
- Hands-on experience in leading a team doing web application development
- Strong experience in Java EE and/or Ruby on Rails to build software
- Strong experience in leading development team using Agile software development and technical practices (e.g. test driven development, pair programming, clean code etc)
- Experience in architecting software using Microservice architecture
- Experience in working with large agile teams. Familiarity with LeSS will be added advantage
- Working experience with interfacing using SOAP/REST API technologies will be added advantage
- Working experience in full-stack Java development will be added advantage
- Working experience in container technology such as docker will be added advantage
- Working experience in setting up CI/CD will be added advantage
- Working experience in Oracle database, SQL and PLSQL scripting will be added advantage
- Working experience in automated testing using scripts or tools will be added advantage
- Working experience in using OutSystems and JBoss EAP will be an added advantage
Interested candidates can submit their resume to Maricris.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.