Roles and Responsibilities:
Part of the project team to take on the exciting and challenging role of delivering and maintaining a large-scale 24 x 7 project using AGILE software development methodology.
- Develop software using Agile methodology
- Work closely and collaborate with the Business Analysts and Quality Engineers for user stories elaboration, test automation, bug fixes etc.
- Work with DevOps team on setting up continuous integration, build and release automation.
- Responsible for providing estimates for stories during sprint planning.
- Responsible for converting acceptance criteria into automated unit tests.
- Support production issues and duty rotation for after-office-hours support.
- Champion Agile technical practices such as test driven development, pair programming and refactoring.
- Involved in application deployment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 years working experience in web application development
- Working experience in Ruby on Rails, or
- Working experience in Java EE and a modern programming language
- Working experience in Agile software development and technical practices (e.g. test driven development, pair programming, clean code etc)
- Working experience in full-stack development will be added advantage
- Working experience in Oracle database, SQL and PLSQL scripting will be added advantage
- Working experience in automated testing using scripts or tools will be added advantage
- Working experience in OutSystems and JBoss EAP will be an added advantage