- 8 months contract, with an option to extend for 4 months
- 1 position available
- Attractive remuneration package
- A familiar brand in Singapore's public sector industry
The DevOps Engineer will be part of a team that will take on the exciting and challenging role of delivering and maintaining a large-scale project using AGILE software development methodology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide production support and operation for a 24x7 system
- Plan for and work with the project management team to procure and manage development infrastructure such as workstation, server, storage, network and data protection
- Provision virtual machines, application software for development team
- Develop automation code for deployment and maintenance of infrastructure and applications
- Perform automated deployments to existing or new infrastructure environments
- Build continuous integration and delivery pipeline for applications
- Liaise with 3rd party software and hardware vendors to manage and resolve incidents and technical issues
- Liaise with 3rd party hosting providers to manage and resolve incidents and technical issues.
- Tertiary Education (Degree or Diploma) in relevant fields is preferred.
- Working experience in administrating Unix based (e.g. Solaris, RHEL) or Windows servers
- Experience in virtualisation (VMWare VSphere family of products) / container technology will be an added advantage
- Experience in setting up and supporting the following tech stack will be an added advantage:
o Middleware like Passenger, iPlanet, JBoss, Weblogic, Apache, IIS
o Messaging Queue like RabbitMQ or other AMQP
o Load balancer or reverse proxy like HAProxy
o Oracle Database and clustering (e.g. RAC, Data Guard)
- Experience in scripting languages (e.g. Python and PERL, Unix shell scripting, FTP/SFTP scripting, PowerShell scripting) will be an added advantage
- Experience in setting up and using Agile continuous integration tools will be an added advantage, for example
o Configuration management tool such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
o Continuous integration tool such as Go.CD, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Added advantages (non mandatory): programming in either Java, J2EE, Dot Net and/or Ruby on Rails, Python, PERL, etc.
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Positive and willing to learn new technologies
- Good team player and meticulous
- Passionate in championing the team to continuously improve to deliver quality software product
Interested candidates can send their resume to Maricris.Fermin@peoplebank.asia or apply online.