The Project Engineer will be providing support and running of projects based on client's requirements
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by reviewing expenditures and / or contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Ability to provide advice to engineers on technical issues
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Must have working knowledge in 3 or more of the following technical skills
- Project Management - able to manage projects, co-ordination with stake holders, vendors and internal team
- Structured cabling including fiber / copper, patch panels, test tools for fiber and copper. Knowledge of standards and the application of the various types of cabling.
- Network (Certified in Cisco router, switches and/or Firewall ) - understanding of networking concepts is crucial under this category.
- Certified in Microsoft Windows Server - install, configure and troubleshoot. (Design experience will be an advantage)
- Security Systems - BioMetrics, CCTV, Card access systems - knowledge of the different types of products and ability to design/recommend
- Diploma in IT or Engineering related field
- 1 - 2 years of supporting infra projects and hands on knowledge of the above technical skills
- Able to write and adjust technical / management documentation and presentation
- Demonstrate ability to manage and multi-task all critical programs and projects
- Ability to achieve specific results from general direction
- Independent, self-motivated and dynamic personality
- Good communication (both verbal and written English) skills
- Must have positive attitude and willing to learn.
- Candidate must be a team player willing to work extended time to meet project datelines