The Regional Customer Reference Request Managers are responsible for providing regional customer reference support to Sales and Marketing teams that ultimately help sell more Micro Focus products.
The Reference Request Program Manager is responsible for providing Sales, Sales Management, Product Marketing, Field Marketing and Customer Success with current, relevant reference assets or other materials that will help these teams sell or promote company products. This role will also assist the Customer Advocacy Managers with reference recruiting, asset creation project management and outreach projects like Analyst Relations participation, and outreach for speaking engagement opportunities. Timely responses to sales and marketing requests is required. Quarterly reporting of requests is required. A good understanding of the search tools and an interest in improving processes is encouraged. This is a critical role supporting sales and marketing.
The person in this role will be responsible to:
- Build strong relationships with company sales teams and Marketing teams.
- Build strong relationships with Customer Advocacy Managers and Regional Advocacy teams.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, including multiple outreach projects each with different criteria.
- Be proactive about establishing relationships within the region, recruiting reference customers, and improving process
- Respond quickly to requests and understand where to find references that will meet the needs of the requestor.
- Understand when and how to escalate a request (i.e. which teams to go to for help)
- Review 3rd party reference tools and work with the Customer Advocacy Manager to recruit new references.
- Assist Customer Advocacy Managers with asset creation, as needed, and stay updated on new assets that will help with request fulfillment.
- Track sales requests by BU, product(s) and Opportunity ID.
- Provide quarterly reports on reference program metrics and personal objectives, bi-weekly updates to your target stakeholders
Education and Experience Required:
- 2-3 years of marketing or sales program management experience, ideally managing customer reference programs across a broad range of business units and solutions offerings
- Bachelor's degree or higher in marketing, sales, or communications
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong relationship building skills with customers, sales, and marketing teams.
- Excellent communications, planning and project management skills. Highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects concurrently with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to thrive in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience with software market is a plus; IT enterprise management software experience or B2B technical audience marketing is required
- Excellent written/oral communications skills
- Strong analytical and execution ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build, manage and influence stakeholders and virtual teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results