Senior Manager, Regional Finance
- Permanent position
- Opportunity to work at a market leader in Asia Pacific
A leading Communications company.
- Set up SAP for the new business and handle the full set of accounting and operational related process for new business, including AP, AR and working capital/cash management. Able to independently handle the full set closing of accounts in the first year.
- Liaison with overseas vendors/customers to ensure proper controls, confirmations and reconciliations are in place over business transactions.
- Handle cross border taxes including liaison with overseas vendors/customers on potential WHT and VAT issues.
- Liaison with auditors on annual financial statements, and internal/external tax advisors on annual tax and quarterly GST returns.
- Drive forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Internal and external reporting of business performance, monthly/quarterly/annual reporting of the business performance, including preparation of statutory/management reports on revenue, expenses and key value drivers. This includes tracking of performance against budget, KPIs and highlighting any issues and variances for prompt follow-up.
- Provide value added analysis to Business which includes analysing and highlighting business and industry trends and other analysis that supports decision making as well as improving overall performance.
- Assist management team to ensure business practices and processes are in line with good corporate governance.
- Constantly be mindful of potential areas of exposure, identify them and work with the business units to address control gaps and mitigate risks.
- Support new investment proposal appraisal which includes review of business cases and develop/update financial models to assess the financial feasibility of capex and business proposals including using measures like Return on Invested Capital, NPV and Payback Period. Assist in preparation of MC papers, presentation materials etc.
The ideal candidate should have/be:
- Degree in Accounting or its equivalent with at least 8 years of relevant work experience. External audit experience and 3-5 years of working experience in MNC is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and hands-on experience in SAP a must.
- Possesses in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company procedures.
- Strong worker who is able to think and work independently.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a team.
- Highly self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Strong business acumen and financial modelling skills.
- Creative problem solving and decision making skills for unstructured situational issues.